INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 2 medium pears
- A knob of butter
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 large smoked duck breast, thinly sliced
- 150g soft, mild goat’s cheese
- A large handful of walnuts, toasted if you like
- 75g rocket, spinach or watercress (or a mixture)
- Chocolate & vanilla infused balsamic vinegar (or warm normal balsamic with a little grated dark chocolate to get the flavour)
1 / First, make the caramelised pears. Quarter the pears, cut out the core and slice lengthwise into slices about 5mm thick. Heat the butter and sugar in a non-stick frying pan until bubbling, then add the pears. Cook over a high heat until caramelised on one side, then turn over and cook for another couple of minutes, until soft and golden.
2 / Arrange the salad leaves between two plates. Arrange the slices of duck breast and pears on the plate, then scatter over chunks of goat’s cheese and the toasted walnuts. Before serving, drizzle with the chocolate balsamic.