INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 250g fresh skinless white fish (sea bass, halibut, tilapia or similar) cut into 1cm cubes
- 200ml fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 white onion, 1cm diced
- 1 large tomato, 1cm diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 15g fresh coriander, chopped plus a few leaves for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 large ripe avocado, 1cm diced
- Tortilla chips for serving
1 / In a glass or stainless steel bowl, combine the fish, lime juice and onion. Ensure the fish is covered by juice on all sides so the acid in the lime juice “cooks” it evenly. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve (not more than 4 hours).
2 / In a large bowl, mix together the tomato, jalapeño, cilantro, honey garlic, and olive oil. Cover and refrigerate if not serving immediately. Before serving, drain half of the lime juice off the fish. Add the fish, onions and remaining half of the lime juice to the tomato mixture along with the diced avocado and gently mix together. Season with salt.
3 / Garnish the ceviche with cilantro leaves and serve in a large bowl, or individual bowls, surrounded by tortilla chips for dipping.