INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- juice of 1 medium lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 340 gr heavy cream
- 170 gr low sodium chicken broth
- 170 gr sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 / Whisk together Italian seasoning, chopped thyme, garlic powder, and lemon pepper. Season chicken with half of the mixture. Cook chicken in a greased pan or skillet over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side until lightly browned and cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
2 / Add garlic and mushrooms to pan and stir over medium heat 2-3 minutes until fragrant and mushrooms are tender. Stir in chicken broth, lemon juice, and remaining seasoning mixture. Stir in cream until mixture begins to boil, cook another 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
3 /Return chicken to pan and toss in the sauce to coat. Garnish with lemon slices, fresh thyme, and cracked black pepper as desired. Serve hot.